In most cases, taking screenshots and sending images of a conversation or downloading and sharing a video can be a tedious task. Thankfully for Apple users if you know how to screen record with iPhone, you can record and send these instantly with lesser hassle.
Before we dive in the lesson for how to screen record with iPhone, it is important to note two things, Firstly: To start recording, you need to add the record button to your Control Center and secondly getting to the record button will depend on the current version of your iOS so make sure you follow these steps and get it done right.
Turning on the ability to record on your screen
- Tap on the Settings icon, followed by Control Center and then select Customize Controls.
- Search for “Screen recording” in the Include section, if you do not see it there, look for it in more controls below and click the green plus sign to add it to the section.
- To rearrange control center features to your preferences, use the drag bars on the right side of the screen.
When you’re done recording your screen, go to the customize screen again and tap on the red minus sign to hide it from the control center, or don’t if you want to keep it handy.
Recording the screen
- Open the screen which you want to record, in case of a video, open the screen and don’t play it.
- For the on-screen recorder, iPhone 8 users and users of versions before that will need to swipe up from the bottom of the screen to bring up the control center. If you are an iPhone X or later, or have an iPad with iOS 12 or later, swipe down from the upper right corner of the screen to pull the control center.
- Tap on the record button.
- There will be a 3-second countdown after which the recording will begin and after that, you can close the control center. Everything you do will be recorded now. This is the point where you should play the video if you want to record it. The timer on the upper left corner will be red and will show you the duration of your recording.
- To stop recording, click on the red timer and tap stop.
For those who wish to record their voice along with it too, press deeply on the recording button, this will take you to the recorder settings. Tap the microphone icon to turn on voice recording and tap “Start Recording.”